In-House Corporate Lawyer Job in Calgary, Canada
We are working with an established private equity firm seeking a talented in-house corporate lawyer for a 12-month maternity leave coverage contract.
Job Description – In-House Corporate Lawyer
The company has an immediate opening for an in-house corporate lawyer to join its team in Calgary. The successful candidate will provide support and advice on a variety of corporate commercial matters. This is an excellent opportunity for a confident, commercially-minded lawyer to join a dynamic team and be a part of a great work environment. This is a 12-month contract role.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide advice on a broad range of corporate commercial matters, including M&A, restructuring and financings, employment, partnerships, and joint ventures, and tax matters.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-8 years of broad corporate commercial experience
- Excellent communication, drafting, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen and initiative.
- Some experience in tax and banking would be an asset.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: