In-House Legal Counsel Job in Calgary, Canada
Our client is an established and highly regarded academic institution that is consistently recognized as a leading Canadian employer.
Job Description – In-House Legal Counsel
Our client has an immediate opening for a talented In-House Legal Counsel to join its team in Calgary. The successful candidate will a member of a busy team dedicated to providing efficient, effective and fair service to students. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a thriving and prestigious academic institution offering meaningful work, competitive salary and benefits, and work-life balance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise on and work closely with staff to manage issues relating to student misconduct, academic appeals, and institutional governance.
- Advise on legal issues and processes, including coordinating and managing the external advisors when needed.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 7+ years of regulatory law or litigation experience, with a focus on administrative law.
- Excellent communication, listening, and mediation skills.
- Independence of judgment.
- Ability to evaluate complex issues and maintain confidentiality.
- Prior experience advising an administrative decision-making body or academic institution would be considered an asset.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: