In-House Corporate/Commercial Legal Counsel Job in Toronto, Canada
Alectra Inc. is one of Ontario’s leading electricity distribution and integrated energy solutions providers, serving nearly one million customers across the Greater Golden Horseshoe area. Its history is steeped in pioneering firsts, ground-breaking achievements, and memorable milestones that help guide and serve the energy needs of its customers. Alectra is committed to creating a future where people, businesses, and communities will benefit from energy’s full potential.
Job Description – In-House Corporate/Commercial Legal Counsel
Alectra has an immediate opening for a talented Corporate/Commercial Legal Counsel to join its dynamic team in Toronto. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, the Legal Counsel will provide corporate commercial support to Alectra’s family of energy companies. Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for a business-minded lawyer to join a growing and dynamic company recognized for industry-leading work.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide legal support to Alectra’s regulated and unregulated businesses.
- Work closely with a wide variety of business units, including IT, Procurement, Finance, Network Services and Operations, Customer Service, and the Energy Services and Solutions team.
- Travel periodically to various corporate offices located in Mississauga, Hamilton, and Vaughan.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-5 years of general corporate commercial experience at a top-tier law firm or company.
- Proven track record of navigating and supporting corporate transactions, financings, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships.
- Sound judgement, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to evaluate and identify legal risk.
- Working knowledge of the electricity sector and its associated regulatory environment would be considered an asset.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: