In-House Counsel Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Powerex Corp. was established in 1988 as the wholly-owned electricity marketing & trading subsidiary of BC Hydro – Canada’s third-largest electric utility. Today, Powerex is a key participant in wholesale energy markets across North America, buying and supplying physical power, natural gas, ancillary services, and more recently, environmental products with an ever-expanding list of trade partners.
Job Description – In-House Counsel Lawyer
Powerex Corp. has an immediate opening for an In-House Counsel Lawyer to join its team in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, the In-House Counsel will be responsible for providing legal advice and support on a broad range of issues to all areas of the organization.
Offering an attractive compensation and benefits package, this is an outstanding opportunity for an entrepreneurial and motivated lawyer seeking a dynamic legal role at an industry-leading organization with an exceptional reputation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice and support to all areas of the organization on a broad range of issues, such as handling corporate work (including preparing material for Board meetings), reviewing and managing records, and negotiating, reviewing and drafting contracts for electricity, natural gas, renewable and financial contracts and products.
- Instruct, oversee and provide support to outside counsel on complex contractual and other legal matters.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 4-8 years of corporate commercial experience, ideally within the energy/electricity, natural resource, or forestry sectors.
- Experience in renewable energy programs, commodities trading, and credit support arrangements is preferred.
- Corporate governance and corporate secretarial work would be considered an asset.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: