In-House Counsel Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Colas Canada Inc., Canada’s leader in construction and maintenance of transportation infrastructure, is a holding and management company with operating companies across Canada. Colas Canada is a subsidiary of the Colas Group, a publicly-listed company headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in transport infrastructure construction and maintenance. Backed by a workforce of 58,000 people, Colas Group undertakes about 85,000 projects every year via a network of 800 construction units and 2,000 material production continents.
Job Description – Bilingual In-House Counsel Lawyer
Colas Canada has an immediate opening for a bilingual In-House Counsel Lawyer to join its team in Toronto. The In-House Counsel will be responsible for providing legal support to the company’s subsidiaries operating across Canada.
Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented business-oriented lawyer to join a preeminent, international company offering a collaborative work environment and work-life balance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Support the General Counsel with the review and preparation of commercial agreements, real estate transactions, and corporate documentation.
- Conduct legal analysis on different topics as required in order to ascertain and further strategy.
- Review and update templates of commercial agreements to ensure consistency.
- Handle real estate transactions documentation, including drafting, due diligence support, and negotiation up to closing.
- Review and advice on the negotiation of commercial agreements.
- Thorough risk assessment including compliance analysis.
- Provide support with reporting as required.
- National traveling to be expected as well as occasional international traveling.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-4 years of real estate and corporate commercial law experience.
- Strong legal research and analytical skills.
- Interest and dedication to understanding the business.
- Practical and commercially minded approach to complex matters.
- Success in this position requires flexibility, curiosity, thoroughness, and a team-oriented mindset.
- Fluency in French is required.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: