In-House Counsel (Senior) Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) is a provincial Crown Corporation providing universal vehicle insurance services to the motorists of British Columbia. Founded in 1973, the organization is dedicated to ensuring accessible and competitive auto insurance for all British Columbians.ICBC was recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers (2019) for its commitment to fostering an environment that promotes inclusion, growth, and development.
Job Description – In-House Counsel (Senior) Lawyer
ICBC has an immediate opening for an In-House Counsel (Senior) Lawyer to join its team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will perform claims-related legal defense services for ICBC and its insureds, in addition to providing legal advice on policy and technical issues to its litigation division.
ICBC offers complex files, a team-oriented environment, and a highly comprehensive benefits package. This is an excellent opportunity for mid-level and senior litigators to engage in challenging work while maintaining work-life balance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Handle a caseload of approximately 80 to 90 litigated files.
- Attend to court and court-related appearances, including trial, chambers, mediations, and examinations for discovery.
- Provide highly quality, cost-effective legal advice and services to ICBC’s claims handling staff.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 7+ years of litigation experience, ideally with a focus on insurance, motor vehicle, and personal injury matters.
- Strong file management skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of working in a customer-oriented and team-based environment.
- Trial experience is required.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.