In-House Legal Counsel Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client, GFL Environmental Inc., is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America. Headquartered in Vaughan, GFL is a highly successful and rapidly growing company with a young entrepreneurial management team, a proven track record of technology and operating efficiencies, and a commitment to further growth.
Job Description – Legal Counsel Job
GFL Environmental Inc. is seeking to add a Legal Counsel to its Head Office in Vaughan. The successful candidate will work with the General Counsel on acquisitions across Canada, as well as have responsibility for day-to-day legal requirements of the company.
Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for a business-minded lawyer seeking to join a fast-paced and team-oriented company that is poised for further success. This is a particularly unique chance to take on a high-volume transactional role in an in-house environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Work alongside the General Counsel, and where appropriate, outside counsel, on the preparation of acquisition documentation and the completion of acquisitions across various jurisdictions in Canada.
- Perform legal due diligence on various acquisition targets under the supervision of the General Counsel.
- Provide practical, business-oriented advice to operations on day-to-day corporate commercial matters.
- Draft and review commercial agreements for various business and functional units.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-6 years of broad corporate and M&A experience.
- High-energy self-starter and a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: