In-House Legal Counsel Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client, GFL Environmental Inc., is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America. With more than 10,000 employees, GFL is a highly successful and rapidly growing company with a young entrepreneurial management team, a proven track record of technology and operating efficiencies, and a commitment to further growth.
Job Description – In-House Legal Counsel
GFL Environmental Inc. has an immediate opening for a Legal Counsel to join its team. The successful candidate will assist the legal team with a wide range of corporate commercial matters.
Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer seeking to join an entrepreneurial and team-focused company offering exciting and challenging work, as well as work-life balance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide legal advice and support across a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including supporting the M&A legal team, financings, due diligence, litigation management, amongst other areas.
- Draft and review corporate agreements for various business and functional units.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-6 years of broad corporate commercial experience at a top-tier firm or company.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, excellent drafting, and technical skills, and exceptional work ethic.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: