In-House Legal Counsel Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Multiplex is a premier, global construction company that has shaped skylines and delivered iconic projects for over 55 years. Operating in Australia, India, Canada, Europe, and the Middle East, Multiplex specialises in high rise buildings, stadia, high-end residential, mixed-use, education, health and civil infrastructure. Multiplex is backed by the financial stability and global relationships of its parent company, Brookfield Asset Management Inc., one of the world’s biggest asset managers.
Job Description – In-House Legal Counsel
Multiplex has an immediate opening for an outgoing and engaging Legal Counsel to join its Toronto team. Reporting directly to the VP, Legal and Compliance, the Legal Counsel will work alongside various business divisions to provide a broad range of legal advice for managing and mitigating commercial risks. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented business-minded lawyer to join a preeminent international company with an outstanding reputation for innovation and success.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead contract negotiations, drafting, and closing.
- Advise Multiplex’s bid team regarding the risks associated with new project pursuits.
- Advise project teams on development of bid projects and procurement processes.
- Advise project teams on the day-to-day administration of project agreements.
- Manage and strategize for various types of claims and litigation.
- Advise on legislative changes and new developments in case law.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 1-3 years of corporate commercial experience, preferably in the engineering, architecture, or P3/infrastructure sectors.
- Sound business acumen, a strong understanding of contracts and RFPs, and the ability to effectively communicate legal advice to a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Success in this position requires superior analytical, communication, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: