In-House Legal Counsel Job in Vancouver or Victoria, Canada (18-24 month contract)
Our client, the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA), operates and administers BC’s land title and survey systems. These systems provide the foundation for all real property business and ownership in the province, and directly support property assessment, taxation and civil justice matters. The LTSA is a statutory, not-for-profit corporation funded directly through customer service fees and is led by an 11-member board self-selected from stakeholder nominations.
Job Description – In-House Legal Counsel Job
As part of a major project being undertaken by our client, the LTSA has an immediate opening for an in-house legal counsel for a long-term contract. As a member of the Policy & Legal Services team, the Legal Counsel will advise on matters related to real property, corporate and trust law. The successful candidate must be comfortable handling legislative and policy matters in a progressive and technologically advanced environment.
Offering an attractive compensation package, including full benefits and pension (or RRSP matching plan if preferred), this is a rare opportunity to work with a leading organization in land administration that is globally respected, who has also been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers (2019).
The role can be based in either Vancouver or Victoria.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in the creation of a regulatory and policy framework for a new undertaking for the organization.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- Substantive policy development experience.
- Some prior exposure to real estate, corporate, and trust matters.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a complex and changing environment.
- Experience in administrative law, statutory interpretation and/or privacy matters would be considered an asset.
This is an exclusive search
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Chaaya R. Jugdeb, Recruitment Associate