In-House Legal Counsel Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Our client is a successful mining company looking to expand its team in Vancouver.
Job Description – In-House Legal Counsel
Our client has an immediate opening for an In-House Legal Counsel to join its team in Vancouver. As the successful candidate, you will have a minimum of three years of broad corporate commercial law experience, preferably with experience in securities and transactional law.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an entrepreneurial and talented lawyer to join a prominent mining company offering a competitive compensation and bonus package.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise business units, the board, and the executive team on a wide range of corporate, commercial, securities and other matters.
- Draft, negotiate, review, and advise on a wide range of agreements.
- Assist with and manage a variety of transactions, including M&A and financings.
- Prepare and support board and committee meetings, as well as manage corporate governance policies and procedures.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house at a reputable company.
- Strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, a proactive outlook, and the ability to work in a team-based environment on a broad range of business law matters.
- Extensive knowledge of securities and transactional laws.
- Experience working with public companies would be an asset.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: