In-House Legal Counsel Lawyer Job In Vancouver, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Silvercorp Metals Inc. (TSX/NYSE American: SVM) is a profitable Canadian mining company producing silver, lead and zinc metals from mines in China. The Company’s goal is to continuously create healthy returns to shareholders through efficient management, organic growth and the acquisition of profitable projects. Silvercorp balances profitability, social and environmental relationships, employees’ wellbeing, and sustainable development.
Job Description – In-House Legal Counsel
Our client, Silvercorp Metals, has an immediate opening for a Corporate Counsel lawyer to be based out of their office in Vancouver, BC. Reporting directly into and working closely with the General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will be responsible for delivering high quality legal advice and the preparation and review of legal documents and contracts. Effective communication, self-motivation and the ability to work within an entrepreneurial team environment are essential attributes required.
Offering a competitive compensation and bonus package, this is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and talented lawyer to join a global mining company in a dynamic and growing industry.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide timely, proactive and solution-oriented legal advice on a wide range of corporate, commercial, securities and other matters to all business units, the executive team, and the board
- Negotiate, draft, review and provide legal advice in relation to a wide range of agreements
- Assist with the preparation and review of public disclosure materials including financial statements, MD&A, annual information forms, and news releases as required
- Keep abreast of changes in applicable securities laws and regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory matters and in particular securities law compliance
- Manage transactions including M&A and financings (i.e., negotiating and drafting legal documents and contracts, attending to due diligence)
- Work closely with the corporate development team on potential transactions, conduct legal research to provide recommendations and contribute to risk analysis
- Prepare and support board and committee meetings
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of corporate documents, filings and registrations and the corporate records books
- Manage the corporate governance policies and procedures
- Coordinate and liaise with external counsel
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-5 years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house at a reputable company
- Extensive knowledge of securities laws and transactional laws
- Ability to work on a broad range of legal topics and adapt to changing priorities
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: