In-House Regulatory Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client is an entrepreneurial and rapidly growing company operating in the cannabis sector.
Job Description – In-House Regulatory Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for an In-House Regulatory Lawyer to join its team in Toronto. Working closely with the General Counsel, the In-House Regulatory Lawyer will provide strategic advice on regulatory strategies, as well as provide expert regulatory direction and support. Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and business-minded lawyer seeking to join a successful and enterprising company poised for further growth.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assess and stay up to date on regulatory requirements in the cannabis sector.
- Plan, prepare, and review regulatory documentation and ensure suitability for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Liaise with regulatory authorities and represent the company at industry and regulatory forums.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of regulatory law experience, preferably in the cannabis, pharmaceutical, or other similar sectors.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively working with and influencing various business units across all levels of an organization.
- Prior experience in an in-house regulatory affairs role and/or familiarity with the Cannabis Act is preferred
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: