Litigation Associate Lawyer Job in Victoria, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Stewart McDannold Stuart (SMS) is a leading boutique firm providing a full range of legal services to local governments throughout British Columbia. Established in 1988, SMS prides itself on providing exceptional service and developing lasting relationships with clients as a trusted partner in all areas of local government law. The firm features a highly skilled team distinguished by their depth of experience and devotion to acting in the public interest for the betterment of communities across the province. SMS is located in the beautiful City of Victoria, on the Southern tip of Vancouver Island.
Job Description – Litigation Associate Lawyer
SMS has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and talented litigator to join its team in Victoria. The successful candidate will assist local governments with a variety of litigation matters. SMS has an excellent track record recruiting top tier talent from Vancouver and Toronto, proving to be a compelling practice opportunity for those coming from major regional, national or international firms who are seeking an engaging and complex practice opportunity in the heart of Victoria.
Offering a competitive compensation package, this is an excellent opportunity for a skilled litigator seeking to join a leading firm offering high calibre work, excellent partnership prospects and work-life balance.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Act for local government clients in a broad range of civil, administrative, liability defense, and quasi-criminal litigation matters.
- Appear before all levels of court and administrative tribunals.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-8 years of civil litigation experience, preferably with some prior exposure to administrative law, local government matters, or liability defence.
- Excellent oral and written advocacy skills.
- Exceptional work ethic and practice standards.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Chaaya R. Jugdeb, Recruitment Associate