Insolvency/Commercial Litigation Associate Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Gehlen Dabbs is one of the top insolvency boutiques in Vancouver. The firm combines a collegial and informal working environment with a strong reputation for excellence in insolvency and commercial litigation. Gehlen is also a leader in housing co-operative law, providing advice on disputes, financing, governance and day-to-day business matters. The firm has represented over 190 housing co-ops and related management organizations. Gehlen Dabbs takes pride in its team-based culture and strong emphasis on mentoring.
Job Description – Insolvency/Commercial Litigation Associate Lawyer
Gehlen Dabbs has an immediate opening for an insolvency/commercial litigation associate lawyer to join its team in Vancouver. The successful candidate will assist clients across a broad range of industries with a variety of commercial litigation and insolvency and restructuring matters. Offering a competitive compensation package and work-life balance, this is an exceptional and unique opportunity to learn and grow with proven mentors in a laid-back yet professional environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain a complex litigation practice, with a focus on commercial litigation and insolvency law.
- Represent trustees, directors, shareholders, creditors, debtors, and secured lenders in a wide variety of insolvency situations.
- Represent British Columbia’s housing co-operatives in a variety of matters, such as corporate governance, membership relations, terminations, and related litigation.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-7 years of experience in insolvency and restructuring law, secured lending disputes, or commercial litigation.
- Superior advocacy, research, and writing skills.
- Stellar history of working well with others and thriving in an interactive practice environment.
This is an exclusive search
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: