Senior Legal Counsel in Toronto, Canada
Our client is a successful global company renowned for its innovation, expertise, and client-centred approach.
Offering a forward-thinking culture, flexible work arrangements, and opportunity for personal and professional growth, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to play a key role in the Canadian operations of a leading international organization.
Job Description – Senior Legal Counsel
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking a commercial lawyer to join its global team. As the first Canadian legal counsel, the successful candidate will provide legal advice and support in the areas of commercial, corporate, technology/intellectual property and employment law, as well as analyze and advise on commercial risk.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of client proposals and contracts.
- Provide broad general advisory support to the business.
- Mitigate legal risk by supporting the implementation and enforcement of rules of internal governance and compliance.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of experience gained at a reputable large law firm or in-house.
- Ability to take initiative and have a proactive approach.
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team-player.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to handle heavy workloads.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: