Legal Counsel in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a successful and innovative company in the financial sector renowned for its industry-leading expertise and commitment to excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a pioneering, team-oriented company offering a competitive compensation package and work-life balance.
Job Description – Legal Counsel
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking a Legal Counsel to join its team in Toronto. The Legal Counsel will be responsible for managing a broad range of commercial lending and general corporate commercial law matters. Success in this position requires self-starter with a client-focused outlook, sound business acumen, and excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide variety of commercial lending matters, including cross border transactions, acquisition financings, syndicated loans, and construction/development financing transactions.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-6 years of experience in banking & finance law and/or real estate financing, with a focus on commercial mortgage funding.
- Sound business acumen.
- Entrepreneurial outlook and can-do approach.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: