Legal Counsel Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client, GFL Environmental Inc., is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America. Headquartered in Vaughan and with more than 5,000 employees, it is a highly successful and rapidly growing company with a young entrepreneurial management team and a commitment to further growth.
Job Description – Legal Counsel, Toronto
GFL Environmental Inc. is seeking to add two transactional lawyers to its head office in Vaughan. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day legal requirements of the company and work with the General Counsel on acquisitions across Canada.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide practical, business-oriented advice to operations on day-to-day corporate commercial matters.
- Draft and review commercial agreements for various business and functional units.
- Work alongside the General Counsel, and where appropriate, outside counsel, on the preparation of acquisition documentation and the completion of acquisitions across various jurisdictions in Canada.
- Perform legal due diligence on various acquisition targets under the supervision of the General Counsel.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 7-12 years of broad corporate and M&A experience.
- High-energy self-starter and a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: