Legal Counsel Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Meltwater, a pioneer of media intelligence, gives businesses the information advantage they need to stay ahead. More than 26,000 companies have used Meltwater’s media intelligence to stay on top of billions of online conversations and extract relevant insights to strategically manage their brands. With nearly 20 years of experience analyzing data, Meltwater is dedicated to personal, global service built on the local expertise of 55 offices across six continents.
Job Description – Legal Counsel Toronto
Meltwater is seeking to add its first Legal Counsel based in the Toronto office. Reporting to the Head of Legal Americas, the Legal Counsel will provide support for legal matters in the Toronto office and assist the company’s head office in San Francisco.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide practical, business-oriented advice and support to the sales and distribution team, the social division, and the global team.
- Draft and review commercial agreements for various business and functional units.
- Provide support to the head office in a variety of transactional matters (e.g. M&A, financing, etc.).
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-7 years of corporate commercial experience at a top-tier law firm or company.
- Excellent academic credentials.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude, solutions-focused, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, sales-oriented culture.
- Soft IP experience and/or experience in the technology sector is preferred.
- Finance, transactional, or litigation experience would be considered an asset.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.