Mid-Level Litigation Associate Lawyer Job in Vancouver, Canada
Twining, Short & Haakonson, Barristers (TS&H) is a leading civil litigation boutique law firm based in downtown Vancouver. The firm possesses a wide range of experience, servicing clients across a range of industries, with notable expertise in insurance-based litigation matters. The firm routinely assists clients in construction disputes, professional negligence and discipline matters, products liability, municipal law, and general insurance coverage issues.
Job Description – Mid-Level Litigation Associate Lawyer
TS&H has an immediate opening for a mid-level litigation associate lawyer to join its team. The successful candidate will assist clients with a broad range of insurance-based litigation matters. Offering a competitive compensation package, this role offers an exceptional opportunity to join a leading insurance litigation practice, while enjoying the benefits of a collegial work environment that actively encourages a work-life balance approach to practice.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain a carriage of insurance-based litigation files.
- Draft a variety of pleadings, affidavits, facta, mediation and pre-trial briefs, and settlement agreements.
- Handle day-to-day aspects of a litigation file, from initial retainer to trial, including litigation strategy, cost management, and client correspondence.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-8 years of insurance litigation experience, preferably with prior experience dealing with private insurance litigation matters, ideally including subrogation and coverage dispute issues.
- Strong written and oral advocacy skills, exceptional practice standards, and strong client management skills.
- ICBC-defense litigation lawyers would also be considered.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: