Securities Associate Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
Our client is a leading Canadian full-service firm renowned for its unique personal approach, an open and informal working environment, and a successful integration and retention strategy which includes a clear partnership track. Its corporate group includes a first-class, multi-faceted team with a thriving securities and M&A practice. The firm’s prominence continues to grow, largely due to its commitment to recruiting talented lawyers.
Job Description – Securities Associate Lawyer
Our client is seeking to add a Securities Associate Lawyer to its Toronto office. The successful candidate will assist clients in a wide variety of financing, business combination, and M&A transactions. A book of business is not required.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious lawyer to join a firm offering top of the market compensation, an outstanding platform, and broad-based resources and support. The firm features a solid track record of financial management and equitable compensation that rewards performance, leadership and teamwork.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist issuers, underwriters, and selling shareholders in domestic and cross-border public offerings and private placements of debt, equity, and structured finance products.
- Work with both private and public companies on a variety of corporate finance matters.
- Assist with corporate governance requirements, continuous disclosure obligations, and general regulatory compliance matters.
- Assist with M&A transactions, including take-over bids, plans of arrangement, and corporate reorganizations.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-10 years of experience at a leading business law firm.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and drafting skills.
- Strong business acumen and excellent client management skills (particularly for more senior candidates).
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial nature.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: