Associate, Securities Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
We are working with a leading Canadian business law firm with a world-class platform. The firm provides comprehensive legal services to leading local, national, and international clients across a wide range of industries.
Job Description – Associate, Securities Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, the firm has an immediate opening for an Associate, Securities Lawyer to join its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will assist public and private companies in a broad range of complex securities and corporate matters. This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a highly regarded firm dedicated to fostering an innovative culture that is both professionally and personally rewarding.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist issuers, underwriters, and selling shareholders in domestic and cross-border public offerings and private placements of debt, equity, and structured finance products.
- Work with both private and public companies on a variety of corporate finance matters.
- Assist with corporate governance requirements, continuous disclosure obligations, and general regulatory compliance matters.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development opportunities.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-6 years of corporate law experience, with a focus on securities matters, at a top-tier firm or company.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Strong commercial understanding and a pragmatic, business-focused outlook.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.