Employment Litigation Associate Job in Toronto, Canada
**This opportunity has been filled and is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client, Koskie Minsky LLP, is a pre-eminent and progressive law firm located in downtown Toronto. The firm has established a unique position and reputation in the Canadian legal community as exceptional lawyers providing practical and innovative counsel to their clients. Most of the firm’s partners have been recognized by Lexpert and Best Lawyers Directories.
Koskie Minsky is committed to and embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion. The firm welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and encourages applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including members of BIPOC communities, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Offering competitive compensation, this is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic firm dedicated to excellence, diversity, and a rich tradition of ongoing public and community service.
Job Description – Employment Litigation Associate
Due to ongoing growth, Koskie Minsky is seeking to add an Employment Litigation Associate to its team in Toronto. As part of the firm’s Litigation Department, the Employment Group represents non-unionized employers and employees in the full spectrum of employment law issues. In addition to advocacy work, the team provides clients with ongoing risk management advice and have extensive experience in drafting and negotiating complex employment contracts and related agreements.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Represent non-unionized employers and employees in the full spectrum of employment law issues, from hiring to termination, human rights, workplace investigations and reviews (with a specialization in anti-racism, anti-Black racism, and systemic discrimination), and disability management.
- Provide clients with ongoing risk management advice.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 6+ years of litigation experience, with a focus on employment law.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage client relationships.
- Excellent drafting and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative and professional team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated leadership potential.
- Human rights and workplace investigations, with an emphasis on anti-racism, anti-Black racism and systemic discrimination is considered an asset.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Meaghan Loughry, Recruitment Associate
416.364.6654 / 604.643.1708
Visit our job board to view all of our current opportunities.