In-House Senior Legal Counsel Job in San Francisco, United States (7+ years)
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
We are working with an industry-leading American biotechnology company renowned for its cutting-edge work and its innovative and progressive platform.
Job Description – In-House Senior Legal Counsel
The company has an immediate opening for an In-House Senior Legal Counsel to join its team in San Francisco. The successful candidate will handle a variety of matters with respect to complex licensing and strategic transactions. This is an excellent opportunity for a business-minded transactional lawyer seeking to join a leading global company at the forefront of the biotechnology industry.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Structure, draft, and negotiate complex licensing and other strategic transactions (including M&A).
- Anticipate, assess, and develop solutions to legal and business risks associated with complex transactions.
- Assist various departments with complex transactions, including patent attorneys and agents on diligence, freedom to operate, and licensing considerations.
- Manage outside counsel in a variety of transactional matters.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 7+ years of corporate commercial experience, with an emphasis on licensing and M&A, preferably within the biotechnology, life science, or pharmaceutical sectors.
- Comfortable leading cross-functional teams and learning new science and technologies.
- Superior communication, interpersonal, and client relations skills.
- Sound business acumen and decisive insight.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: