Family Lawyer Job in Upper Tantallon (just outside Halifax), Nova Scotia
**This opportunity is now closed. Please visit our job board to view our current opportunities.**
Our client, Highlander Law Group, prides itself on its strong work ethic, loyalty, and determination to succeed. Based just outside of Halifax, the firm was founded in early 2016 with a fresh approach to the practice of law and an unconventional mission to make contacting a law firm less intimidating, while delivering the same results as a downtown firm.
Job Description – Family Lawyer in Nova Scotia
Due to an expanding client base and a commitment of further growth, Highlander is seeking a talented family lawyer to join its team in Upper Tantallon (just outside Halifax). This position would suit an up-and-coming lawyer keen to further develop their technical and business development skills or senior lawyers seeking the right platform to take their practice to the next level. This is a great opportunity to join an entrepreneurial firm that offers work-life balance, flexibility, strong support and resources, a collegial work environment, and opportunities for professional advancement.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide professional guidance to clients facing unique legal challenges that have significant impact on their families.
- Take on files of increasing complexity in custody and child support applications and child protection matters ranging from care agreements to lengthy and complex permanent wardship applications.
- Provide advice and guidance on division of assets.
- Conduct legal research and analysis, file reviews, and prepare memoranda.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure that deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with the Nova Scotia Barristers Society (or eligible for practising membership).
- 2+ years of family law experience.
- Strong work ethic, excellent file management skills, and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs, Internet and electronic mail.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.
Jordan Priest, Recruitment Associate