In-House Counsel – Commercial Business Development Manager Job in Montreal, Canada
Stewart Title Guaranty Company is a leader in the Canadian title insurance industry and is headquartered in Toronto with offices located from coast-to-coast. Best known for its innovative technology systems that enhance the real state closing process, Stewart Title helps lawyers increase efficiency and decrease costs by offering value-added title insurance products for residential and commercial properties.
Job Description – In-House Counsel – Commercial Business Development Manager
Stewart Title has an immediate opening for a Counsel – Commercial Business Development Manager to join its Quebec team. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of business-to-business account management and will be comfortable identifying and acting on new business opportunities, monitoring existing client business volume, and driving profitable business.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious business-minded lawyer seeking to join an industry-leading company with excellent career growth potential.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide regular review, analysis, and feedback regarding strategy for commercial business development.
- Build strong relationship with clients and promote the use of Stewart Title and commercial title insurance to commercial law firms, real estate offices, and lenders.
- Identify and act on new business opportunities and prospects.
- Manage day-to-day needs of clients and respond to customer inquiries and issues.
- Attend industry trade shows, presentations, and conferences.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of commercial real estate experience.
- Knowledge of title insurance.
- Ability to work from home or in the field.
- Professional sales approach and the ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong public speaker that can build immediate rapport.
- Designation as Représentant en assurance de dommages with autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), or willingness to complete training and pass the exams required to obtain AMF designation at the expense of the Company and within a required timeframe.
- Fluency in French.
This is an exclusive search
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: